The line of 3M™ Glass Cloth Tapes offers high tensile strength with a choice of silicone, acrylic, or rubber adhesives. 3M glass cloth adhesive tapes meet the needs of demanding applications in markets such as aerospace, automotive, commercial vehicle, construction, marine, and more.
This PTFE tape features a brown woven glass cloth backing impregnated with PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene). Its slick surface has an extremely low coefficient of friction that works with the pressure sensitive silicone adhesive to offer a non-stick surface that is reliable, even at high temperatures.
- Superior tensile strength, resists tears and punctures
- Silicone adhesive offers high-temperature, long-lasting, performance
- Non-stick, low friction surface is suited for heat sealing and packaging equipment
- Performs at temperatures up to 500°F/260°C
- Very low moisture absorption for reliable performance in humid applications
- Superior chemical resistance
- Meets multiple aerospace specifications
- Custom Sizes Available
Made with a woven fiberglass backing and a pressure sensitive silicone adhesive – ideal for applications requiring high-temperature resistance, high adhesion, and clean removal.
- Strong abrasion resistant backing provides durability for bundling, harnessing and protection applications requiring superior tensile strength
- Silicone adhesive offers dependable holding power and clean removal across a wide range of temperatures
- Withstands temperatures from -65°F/-54°C to 450°F/232°C and intermittent temperatures up to 550°F/288°C or higher, depending on the type and duration of the heat source
- Can be certified to meet F.A.R. 25.853, flame resistant specification
- Suitable for permanent sealing of high temperature ducts or chambers
Designed primarily for sealing aircraft cargo bay panels – ideal for applications requiring high adhesion, abrasion resistance, and flame retardant properties.
- Durable backing delivers abrasion and puncture resistance for lasting performance in aerospace applications
- Acrylic adhesive offers superior long-aging properties ideal for many permanent applications
- Available on a skip-slit liner for easy application
- Meets flame retardant specifications of F.A.R. 25.853(a) and F.A.R. 25.855(d) and is EU Compliant
- High conformability to bond over challenging textures and surfaces
- Formulation does not contain antimony
- Dependable temperature resistance of -20ºF/-29ºC to 250ºF/121ºC
- Meets requirements of and can be qualified to Boeing material specifications BMS 5-146 Type I, Class I, Grade A
Constructed of a glass cloth backing and a thermosetable rubber adhesive – ideal for applications requiring high adhesion for a variety of surfaces.
- Rubber adhesive cross-links upon exposure to a thermosetting cycle for adhesion, bond strength, and high heat resistance
- Glass cloth backing offers high tensile strength to promote increased productivity
- Durable backing will not shrink or rot and offers good abrasion and puncture resistance for lasting performance
- Good solvent resistance creates an excellent bond that remains affixed under a varying conditions
Can-Do National tape is a 3M Master Distributor, offering a wide range of tape converting services to provide you with the glass cloth tape you need, when you need it. Contact us today to discuss your application.